Welcome to Fairton School
We are a rural school situated eight kilometers north of Ashburton, 1.5 kilometers off State Highway 1. As a contributing school, we cater for students Year 1 to Year 6, in a family atmosphere unique to rural schools. Small class numbers ensure that we are able to cater for the individual needs of our students.
Fairton is a well resourced rural school. At Fairton School you will find two classrooms, a well stocked physical education shed and a storage shed. The library, swimming pool, netball court and sports fields are all used by the wider community. The playground is also open for the community to use with the adventure playground being very popular.
Parents are involved with assistance in sports, library and classroom programmes, grounds maintenance, and accompanying children on school camps and trips. The school has a strong family atmosphere and sense of community spirit.
Our mission is to:
Give each child the opportunity to achieve their highest personal, academic and social potential.
Our goals are to:
- Develop an exciting and vibrant school.
- Produce a well-balanced confident and adaptable student.
- Provide strong collaborative, forward thinking leadership.
At Fairton School we value:
- Honesty and self-discipline
- Hard work and determination
- Co-operation and friendliness in our students, Staff, Board of Trustees, parents and wider community